- Strict by 8 ~ 12 lines per each slide.
- Strict to allowed presentation time,40 -- 60 seconds per slide is the standard. If you are allowed 20 minutes, prepare 20 -- 30 slides.
- Look to presentation audience instead of continuous reading from pc screen, Knowing that
- Looking presentation audiences .... Excellent!
- Looking screen ..... Fine!
- Looking PC screen .... Bad!
- Start presentation by clear self introduction "My name is ...., today i would like to talk about ........".
- First 2--3 slides... speak clearly and slowly, Name should be pronounced slowly. Title should be pronounced clearly.
- Whenever you refer to previous work or used technique you must put a reference in your presentation and link to it.
- When you specify some technique to use it is good to state merit of this techniques and purpose of usage.
- Record and memorize every question you get during the presentation from the audience, it is better to do it immediately.
- Always make the answers to audience questions consistent with you presentations slides.
It is good to prepare set of questions to present in case no one has something to ask and also specially when you are chairing a session.
- Define problem well and introduce proposed solution in a very clear way.
Provide you presentations with simple and clear pictures.
- Graphical notations are powerful than texture notes.
- If you give an example about your work try to be general and don't go in very detailed things, overall summarized example is good.
- If presentation is chapters then try to put published work of each chapter.
- Low voice.
- Confusion between a reference work and your own opinion work.
- Emphasize your original points. Distinguish:
General background, general explanation, your own view/approach for the problem, and your own work.
- Using first letter capital of each word inside the content of the presentation.
- Negative answers and poor unreasonable answers.
- Giving a smile of impoliteness.
- Spelling Mistakes and grammar errors.
- Answering things that you don't hear well, If you do not understand the question, you should
- ask to the questioner. Prepare several ways to ask the meaning of the questions.
- Motivations cant be on general topics.
- Contributions must not be general things and originality points must be clear and focused.
- Long introductions are not preferred by attendees.
- Many drawbacks in a single presentation means the thesis is weak.
- Avoid general drawbacks that are not direct related to your work.
- If your presentation is divided to chapters do not put related work for each chapter separately it is confusing.
- When divide presentation to sections avoid overlapping it makes attendees lost.
- Avoid mixing general topics and emphasized parts.
- Font color must be Black, avoid pale colors.
Published by Mr. Ayman Ezzat: view.. more.