Cosmos is an open source operating system project that aims to be completely implemented in CIL compliant languages, that is currently 100% C#. It signifies everything that is important in Operating Systems: Universalization, Security, and Simplicity.
- Completely .NET based.
- Microkernel or close hybrid
- Configurable using modules
- Cross platform architecture
Build your own shell, build and deploy in 30 seconds or less! See for yourself. The basic steps are:
- Install Cosmos user kit
- File, New, Cosmos Boot project from within Visual Studio.
- Modify the entry point. The default project has just a WriteLine.
- Run (F5). Cosmos will now build a boot disk and ask you what emulator to use. Press 3 to use included QEMU, or choose from VMWare, Virtual PC, ISO, PXE and more!
Source :- http://www.gocosmos.org/index.en.aspx